Katrin Lamon Fund Fellowship

Katrin Lamon Fund Fellowship

Deadline: June 1

Each year, the Katrin Lamon Fund Fellowship will be awarded to American Indian/Alaska Native graduates studying literature, journalism & communication, or related fields. Katrin Lamon was an author who wrote under the name Martha Albrand.

Each year, the AIGC fellowship program provides $1,200,000 in fellowships to over 350 Native American and Alaska Native graduate students.  Graduate fellowships are monetary awards made to American Indian and Alaska Native graduate or professional degree-seeking students, who meet all eligible criteria.  The United States Bureau of Indian Education federally funds the fellowship program.  The fellowship amount is typically between $1,000 and $5,000 per academic year (not including summer), and varies from year to year, depending on the availability of funds and unmet financial need.


  • Be an enrolled member of a United States federally-recognized American Indian tribe or Alaska Native group or possess one-fourth degree Indian blood from a federally-recognized tribe.
  • Be enrolled full-time in a Masters, doctoral or professional degree program at an accredited college or university within the United States.
  • Demonstrate financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) from the United States Department of Education and the office of the university you plan to attend.

Application Procedure

Note: Application for the Katrin Lamon Fund Fellowship additionally provides eligibility for other AIGC-administered graduate/professional awards, especially the AIGC Fellowship. The possibility of an applicant being granted multiple awards by AIGC also exists, especially as regards smaller-amount awards.

A completed AIGC Fellowship Application. Application forms can be downloaded at: http://www.aigcs.org/fellowship-application/download_application.asp

  • A 250-word typed essay as described in the application packet.
  • A Financial Need Form (FNF) completed by the college or university financial aid office.
  • A Tribal Eligibility Certification (TEC).

Click here for more information.

(last checked 2/1/17)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.