Marguerite Young Endowment Fund
Deadline: March 31
The Marguerite Young Endowment Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation was created to provide assistance to seminary students. Marguerite Young was a sincere Christian woman who was a faithful member of her church and an unwavering supporter of theological education for the training of faithful Christian ministers. This scholarship was set up at her request and the selection process is handled by some who knew her and seek to further the legacy of her concerns for Christ’s church. In order to apply for this scholarship/stipend, students must:
- Be enrolled in a Protestant seminary as a Master of Divinity candidate, preparing for full-time ministry and/or be a seminary intern working at a Protestant Church as a requirement for the degree program. The candidate must have completed the credit equivalent of at least one full year of enrollment in the degree program.
- Submit two letters of reference: One from an individual not related to the candidate and also knows the candidate’s educational goals; and a letter of reference about the candidate’s internship or field education placement from the candidate’s most immediate supervising pastor. References should be dated and include the applicant’s name, the name of the person providing the reference, position, relationship to the candidate, and personal signature. Reference letters should address the following: (1) the applicant’s general ability; (2) appraisal of the applicant, giving details in the form of examples with regard to leadership ability, citizenship, concern for others, responsibility, initiative and general interests; and (3) qualities that most commend the applicant.
- Provide a letter of acceptance from the seminary, college or university which you will be attending.
- Submit a copy of his/her most recent official transcripts.
- Submit a copy of his/her most current seminary internship or field education placement job description.
6. Answer each of the following questions in 500 words or less each:
- Describe an experience that well captures your personal call to ministry, convictions and passions.
- Describe your view of the nature and role of scripture in your ministry.
Click here for the application form.