Swiss Benevolent Society of San Francisco
Deadline: April 30
The Swiss Benevolent Society helps qualified applicants obtain a higher education in any field of endeavor at any accredited university or college in the United States. The scholarships are limited to students who are residents of the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Students may apply every year while enrolled.
There are five (5) different scholarship funds available:
Scholarships based on need and merit
1. SBS General Fund Scholarship
2. Silvia Wieland Iselin Scholarship
3. Willy Isler Scholarship
Based on need and merit.
- Awarded to students entering college through postgraduate studies.
- Minimum GPA 3.2 for the last 2 years in high school, 3.0 for first year in college and 3.2 thereafter.
Scholarships based on merit
4. Clement & Frieda Amstutz Scholarship
5. Silvio Canonica Scholarship
- Awarded to students at the junior & senior college, graduate and postgraduate university level.
- Minimum GPA 3.5 for the last 2 years.
- be of Swiss descent by demonstrating that applicant or at least one parent is a Swiss national, registered with the Swiss Consulate General of San Francisco (or carry a valid Swiss passport).
- have resided within a 150-mile radius of San Francisco City Hall for a minimum of three years preceding the date of initial application.
- have applied for admission to any accredited institution of higher learning in the United States offering a baccalaureate degree. (In exceptional cases, students attending a community college or an accredited vocational school in California may be considered.)
- be a full time student: 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate units per term.
Click here for more information.
(last checked 1/25/17)