United Methodist Church, East Ohio Conference Competitive Scholarships
Deadline: April 15
Scholarships are available for East Ohio Conference Seminary Students. There is a common application for all the scholarships administered by the Board of Ordained Ministry. Scholarships are awarded in June for the subsequent academic year. Four scholarship funds are administered by Board of Ordained Ministry. The number of scholarships awarded is based on the investment income. In recent years income has been sufficient to provide multiple awards from two of the scholarship funds. These scholarships are intended to be over and above any regular assistance to seminary students and are paid directly to the seminarian. The Scholarships are:
- James S. and Ruth Thomas Scholarships – Awards of up to $1000
- Thomas L. Cromwell Scholarship – Awards up to $500.00
- Keifer Memorial Seminary Scholarship – For seminary students of East Ohio Conference. Awards up to $1,000.00
- Deming/Stout Theological Education Fund – Established for deserving East Ohio seminarians. Awards up to $500.00
The scholarships are provided for seminary work leading to ordination and do not include Doctoral graduate studies. The applicant must be:
- A full time student, or accepted for full time enrollment, in a University Senate approved seminary
- Enrolled in an M.Div. program for ordination as Elder, or enrolled in a seminary program for ordination as Deacon
- A Certified Candidate from East Ohio Conference seeking ordination as an Elder or Deacon in the East Ohio Conference
- Enrolled full-time for the full academic year subsequent to the scholarship award in June.
Click here for more information.
(last checked 2/7/17)