World Communion Scholarship International (WCI)
Deadline: see below
The World Communion and Leadership Development programs of the General Board of Global Ministries are to facilitate strategic leadership development across the Church and community in an area of study directly related to one of Global Ministries’ four areas of emphasis:
(1) Combating the diseases of poverty by improving health globally
(2) Engaging in ministry with the poor
(3) Creating new places for new people and renewal of existing local churches
(4) Developing principled Christian leaders for the church and the world
The programs target students who are strongly related to Global Ministries’ mission partners, who have a strong commitment to working with communities in need, and whose education and future work will impact positively in church and community. A mission partner is an institution, whether church, ecumenical or grassroots, with which Global Ministries has an active relationship.
To be eligible to apply for WCI, you must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the US,
- be a member of the United Methodist Church or a Global Ministries mission partner (as defined above),
- be a stellar student with a strong commitment to Christian mission and communities in need,
- be admitted or have applied to a Master’s or Doctoral study program in an institution of higher education at the time of application,
- be able to demonstrate evidence of financial need, AND
- be endorsed by the Scholarship Committee or appropriate church leadership from your HOME conference.
If you fit within the criteria above, please send an email to email@example.com. Once the General Board of Global Ministries receives your reply, they will send you the new information in May 2016 on how to submit a pre-application online.
NB: The following are NOT eligible to apply:
- Global Ministries’ staff (headquarters or field), directors, mission personnel,
- UMC bishops (active or retired), and
- family members of any of the above.
For further information, please contact:
General Board of Global Ministries
Mission Theology and Evaluation
Leadership Development Office
475 Riverside Drive, Room 1479
New York, NY 10115