AAS CIAC Small Grants
Deadline: February 1
The China and Inner Asia Council of the AAS (CIAC) is soliciting applications for awards of up to $2,000. Dissertation-level graduate students and scholars with special interests in China or Inner Asia are invited to submit proposals. Applicants must be current AAS members, but there are no citizenship requirements. Junior and independent scholars, adjunct faculty, and dissertation-level graduate students are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications are specifically encouraged in the following areas:
- curriculum development at the college or secondary level
- conferences and seminars — organization of small conferences and seminars away from major centers of Chinese studies
- short research trips for dissertation-level graduate students, and for scholars at non-research institutions, to travel to major libraries and collections in North America and Taiwan
- specialist or regional newsletters or websites disseminating important information to their respective fields
- translations of scholarly books and articles
- collaborative projects in which the grant will facilitate communication and limited travel by scholars working on a common project in Taiwan and North America.
Click here for more information.