Deadline: January 30
Point Foundation considers many factors when assessing scholarship applicants, including:
- A proven track record of leadership and community involvement
- Strong academic achievement
- Working for the betterment of the LGBTQ community
- Financial need
Eligible applicants also:
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible.
- Students studying at community colleges, online programs, or trade schools, are NOT eligible.
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- If selected as a finalist, the finalist must be in North or Central America on April 20-22 and be available to fly to Los Angeles in order to remain eligible for the scholarship. All travel expenses will be covered by Point.