Deadline: February 15
The purpose of the Opportunity Scholarships for Lutheran Laywomen is to provide assistance to women studying for a career other than ordained ministry. The specific purpose of the Amelia Kemp Fund is to assist ELCA women of color in undergraduate, graduate, professional, or vocational courses of study.
- Funds awarded from the Amelia Kemp fund come from the interest on endowment funds given by LCA (Lutheran Church in America) women to the organization; some date back to UELC (United Evangelical Lutheran Church) women.
- The average award is $600 – $1,000.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
The applicant must:
- be a citizen of the United States of America.
- hold membership in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- be at least 21 years old.
- have experienced an interruption in education of two or more years since completion of high school.
Click here for more information.