National Association of Pastoral Musicians Academic Scholarships
Deadline: April 8
Academic scholarships assist with the cost of educational formation for pastoral musicians in formal academic settings. Applicant must be an NPM member with a demonstrated financial need enrolled full-time or part-time in a graduate or undergraduate degree program of studies related to the field of pastoral music. Applicant should intend to work at least two years in the field of pastoral music following graduation/program completion. NPM encourages members of all ethnic and racial groups to apply for scholarships.
Scholarship funds may be applied only to registration, tuition, fees, or books. Scholarship is awarded for one year only; former recipients may re-apply, but renewal is not automatic. This year, through the generosity of our members and our academic partners, NPM is offering $21,000 in academic scholarships, through the generosity of our members and our affiliates.
This year, NPM and its affiliates offer ten academic scholarships with a total value of $21,000. (An additional $500 is contributed to the Rensselaer Challenge Grant, which is administered and awarded by the Rensselaer Program of Church Music and Liturgy at St. Joseph’s College in Rensselaer, Indiana.)
- $4,000 NPM Members Scholarship
- $4,000 Nancy Bannister Scholarship
- $3,000 NPM La Beca Juan XXIII (awarded to a student of Hispanic/Latino/Latina background)
- $1,500 James W. Kosnik Scholarship
- $1,000 Funk Family Memorial Scholarship
- $1,000 Dosogne Memorial Scholarship, and the Rendler-Georgetown Choral Scholarship
- $1,000 Father Lawrence Heiman, CPPS, Scholarship
- $1,000 Lucien Deiss, CPPS, Memorial Scholarship
- $2,500 OCP Scholarship
- $2,000 GIA Pastoral Musicians Scholarship
- NPM Membership
- Part-time or full-time enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program during the school year or in a continuing education program
- Program of study must relate to the field of pastoral music
- Demonstrated financial need
- Applicant should intend to work at least two years in the field of pastoral music following graduation/program completion
- Scholarships are awarded for one year only; a former recipient may reapply but should not assume that renewal is automatic
Visit the NPM’s website for more information, including an application.