Salvadoran American Leadership and Educational Fund – “Fulfilling Our Dreams” Scholarship Program
Deadline: April 30
SALEF’s “Fulfilling Our Dreams Scholarship” Fund is making higher education a reality for Central American and Latino students, including AB 540 students, with approximately 400 scholarships provided since 1998.
SALEF’s “Fulfilling Our Dreams Scholarship” Fund offers financial assistance and support to undergraduate, graduate and professional students, often making the difference in whether a student can attend college or not.
Eligibility Criteria Applicants must:
- Applicants must be of Central American or other Latino ethnicity
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must possess a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Applicants must demonstrate a history of community involvement
- Applicants must be either:
a) graduating High School seniors
b) current undergraduate, graduate and professional students
c) community college students (must be AB540)
- Low income students must reside and study in the San Francisco Bay Area and Los Angeles Area (Specifically South Central Los Angeles, Pico Union, East Los Angeles) and San Fernando Valley
- Applicants must be willing to give back to the community by becoming a mentor to a high school student or completing the equivalent of 52 community service hours assigned by SALEF
Click here for more information.
(last checked 2/7/17)